Restyled inside and out, the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLS hits the LA Auto Show with an array of updated features and luxury touches.
What Is It?
The GL has been Mercedes-Benz’s full-size SUV, and its refreshed GLS successor competes with the Cadillac Escalade, Infiniti QX80 and Lexus GX460. Four trim levels are available, and each has its own engine.
What Mercedes-Benz Is Saying:
The GLS is “the S-Class among SUVs.”
What’s New For 2017:
- Four trim levels: GLS350d (diesel), GLS450, GLS550 and AMG GLS63
- 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission (except AMG GLS63) with Dynamic Select transmission modes
- AIRMATIC air suspension with enhanced damping system (ADS)
- Restyled rear with LED tail lights
- Redesigned interior with new instrument panel and console
- Revised wheel and upholstery options
When Will It Go On Sale?
Look for the 2017 GLS in US dealers in late-March 2016.