The muscle-car race keeps getting hotter, as Chevy has released some Hellcat-threatening stats and prices on the 2017 Camaro ZL1 and 1LE.
Today Chevy has pulled back the curtain on 2017 Camaro ZL1 and 1LE – what’ll they do, and what’ll they run you.
Retail price on the 2017 Camaro ZL1 is quoted at $62,135, including destination. (Add $7,000 for the convertible ZL1.) The comparable price of a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is $63,490, making the ’17 Camaro ZL1 $1,355 less expensive than the Hellcat.
That’s not a big difference, the Challenger SRT Hellcat ends up only about 2% higher than the Camaro ZL1. But that headline-grabbing undercut indicates that Chevy is aiming for every single one of the Hellcat’s buyers.
The ZL1’s claimed performance is right in line as well. Chevy says 3.5 seconds to 60 mph with the optional 10-speed automatic, and this is bracketed by Car and Driver‘s 3.9 seconds from a manual Challenger SRT Hellcat, and Dodge‘s claim of the low-three-second range for the automatic Hellcat.
If the ZL1 doesn’t dominate the Hellcat, it’s at least on target.
The track-focused 1LEs came into finer view as well, with performance stats that could please all but the most power-hungry enthusiasts.
The 1LE options brings its own set of goodies to the Camaro LT and SS trims. The LT 1LE coupes get the Camaro SS’s FE3 suspension, while the SS 1LE snags the ZL1’s electronic limited-slip differential and FE4 suspension with Magnetic Ride dampers.
Looking for a 2017 Camaro of your own? Check out BestRide’s local search here.
- 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter-mile in 11.4 seconds at 127 mph
- 1.02 g max cornering
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters)
- 220-pound (100 kg) weight reduction
- 650-horsepower (485 kW) supercharged LT4 6.2L V-8 engine
- 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds with Camaro LT 1LE
- 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds with Camaro SS 1LE
- 0.97 g max cornering with Camaro LT 1LE
- 1.02 g max cornering with Camaro SS 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 112 feet (34 meters) with Camaro LT 1LE
- 60-0 mph braking in 107 feet (32 meters) with Camaro SS 1LE
- 230-pound (104 kg) weight reduction (SS 1LE to previous model)