Dodge announced the new cruiser on Friday — with a new, more efficient, more powerful V-8 and aggressive new styling. We’ve got a whole stash of photos for you to get familiar with below.
“Dodge has a strong police car heritage, and we are proud to offer a vehicle armed with modern muscle and cutting-edge technology to help law enforcement agencies perform their duties,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge Brand, SRT Brand and Fleet Operations, Chrysler Group LLC. “The new Pursuit police car is based on our new 2015 Dodge Charger. It delivers up to 370 best-in-class horsepower, is available in both rear- and all-wheel drive, has a new driver-focused cockpit and adds new safety and security features, as well as new state-of-the art technologies, all designed to deliver the ultimate performance expected from Dodge.”
The new Charger Pursuit features:
- All-new exterior styling for 2015 Charger Pursuit further draws on its late-1960s heritage, while infusing a more aggressive and visually lightened look with sleeker styling
- Upgraded driver-focused cockpit is a mobile command center with world-class materials, police-duty upgrades and all-new state-of-the-art technologies
- Charger Pursuit V-8 and V-8 AWD models deliver 370 best-in-class horsepower for best-in-class acceleration performance needed for police-fleet duty, including 0-to-60 mph in less than 6 seconds
- Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 AWD features the most advanced all-wheel-drive system in the segment, delivering maximum all-weather traction and fuel-efficiency
- Up to an EPA estimated 26 mpg highway with aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with 292 horsepower, 260 lb.-ft. of torque and available E-85 flex-fuel capability
- Factory-installed Mopar upfit equipment includes three-year/36,000-mile warranty and one-stop shopping for law enforcement customers
Most importantly for us usually law-abiding citizens, the new Charger Pursuit still features the huge loop of LEDs in the rear fascia, so you can spot a speed trap at night about a mile away.
MORE PHOTOS OF THE 2015 DODGE CHARGER PURSUIT IN THE GALLERY BELOW: