The Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance is all about style, class and vintage automotive masterpieces, and it’s where a lot of automakers want their new products to shine. Lexus used the opportunity to unveil the new 2016 Lexus LX 570 and 2016 Lexus GS (including an all-new 200t trim).
First up was the updated 2016 Lexus LX570, which Lexus notes only shares door panels with last year’s model. New for 2016, look for:
- Eight-speed automatic transmission replacing last year’s six-speed
- Restyled front end with one-piece spindle grille
- Drive Mode Select – ECO, COMFORT, SPORT S and SPORT S+ modes tailor driving experience
- LED headlights, turn signals and fog lights
- Revised taillights and rear bumper
- New 20- and 21-inch wheel designs
- Standard Lexus Safety System +
- Upgraded multimedia with 12.3-inch screen and Remote Touch Interface
- Larger 4.2-inch multi-information display
- Standard Panoramic View Camera
- Available Heads-Up Display
- Three-spoke wood-trimmed steering wheel
- Luxury Package now includes ventilated/heated rear seats
- LED ambient lighting in cabin and cargo area
- Touch-sensor overhead lighting
- Manual second-row sunshades
- Available wireless charging tray for Qi-compatible phones
- Larger 11.6-inch screens for available Rear Seat Entertainment System
- Tire-specific tire pressure monitoring system
- Standard Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Available Lexus Enform Remote
- Available Lexus Enform Service Connect
Keep an eye out for the new GS 200t model, which features a turbocharged, 2.0-liter four-cylinder that delivers 241hp through an eight-speed automatic transmission. The GS 350 receives a boost in power to 311 hp and 280 lb.-ft. torque from its 3.5-liter V6.
Also new for 2016:
- New available Lexus Safety System + combines Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist, Intelligent High Beam (IHB) and All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Standard Navigation for GS 350 and GS 450h models
- Larger 4.2-inch multi-information display puts vital vehicle data at a quick glance in driver’s line of sight.
- Upgraded multimedia technology: side “enter” buttons on Remote Touch Interface (RTI) and full screen map capability for available navigation with 12.3-inch central display screen.
- New available Lexus Enform Service Connect provides maintenance and service information accessed from smartphone app or website.
- New exterior and interior colors, wheel designs and interior wood and aluminum trim selections.
- Analog clock adds GPS time zone functionality.