This morning, Dodge announced that it would be undercutting the price of its new 2015 Dodge Viper by $15,000, pricing the car competitively (adjusted for inflation) with original car it introduced in 1992. Only trouble is, it means that 2014 Viper owners will see the value of their own cars drop by $15k overnight. As a result, Dodge is offering a $15,000 voucher toward the price of a 2015 Dodge Viper.
New for 2015, the Dodge Viper gets an 8.4-liter V-10 engine and Tremec six-speed manual transmission good for 645 horsepower and up to 20 miles per gallon on the highway.
With the 650hp C7 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 on the horizon coming in under $80,000, a $95,000 starting price for the Viper was wildly out of step. This brings Dodge’s halo car a lot closer in line with the Z06’s bottom line.
- SRT – new accent stitching on the seats and instrument panel, Alcantara accents on the doors and instrument panel and ‘Viper’ badged aluminum sill plates
- GT – new model with Nappa leather seats with Alcantara inserts, Alcantara accents on the doors and IP, ‘Viper’ badged aluminum sill plates, two-mode suspension, five-mode ESC, ‘GTS’ hood and two-piece StopTech slotted rotors
- GTS Ceramic Blue Special Edition with an exclusive Ceramic Blue exterior color and Black stripes
- TA 2.0 Special Edition with high-performance Aero Package
- High-impact Y’Orange, Stryker Orange and Stryker Purple exterior colors – arriving to dealers in early 2015