Granted, we’re comparing 2016 Camaro prices to 2015 prices for the Mustang and Challenger, but aside from the Hellcat, none of these prices are really expected move all that much in the coming year.
1LT – $26,695
1SS – $37,295
V6 F/B – $24,200
GT F/B– $33,200
SXT – $26,995
R/T – $31,995
The Camaro comes in just a tick under the popular Challenger SXT, but more than $2,400 over the Ford Mustang. The SS blows everything else out of the water by a minimum of $4,000, but that doesn’t take into account the $500 cash back available on the Ford Mustang right now.
“The 1LT trim level has long been one of the most popular for Camaro,” says Todd Christensen, Camaro Marketing Manager. “We expect it will be even more popular as the 2016 Camaro 1LT is priced less than the 2015 model and offers significantly more standard features and technologies.”
You can argue that the Certainly the V6 model is cheaper than last year because the 1LT price drops $305. But that doesn’t mask the fact that 2015’s entry-level model — the Camaro LT, which was just $24,700 — is no longer available.
Regardless of whether you consider the entry level Camaro more or less expensive than last year, the V8’s price balloons by almost $2,800.
There’s a lot more equipment this year, though. All of this equipment was either not available or optional last year:
- Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay capability
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot
- Driver Mode Selector with Snow/Ice, Tour and Sport modes on all models and Track mode on SS
- Remote vehicle starter system (with an automatic transmission)
- Driver information center with color display
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Rear vision camera
- Automatic climate control
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel
- LED daytime running lamps
- Capless fuel filler
- Variable-ratio electric power steering
- 8-way power driver, 6-way power passenger seats
- Electronic park brake
- Driver and front passenger knee air bags
Chevy also announced a new Camaro Visualizer that allows you to take a look at how a Camaro may look with a new range of interior and exterior options.