Buick’s most popular model, the Encore, is getting a competitive refresh for 2017.
What is it?
The Encore has been great for Buick’s bottom line, and GM’s upscale-leaning division wants to keep it that way, with upgrades that point to the preferences of today’s subcompact-crossover consumer.
What’s new for 2017:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Keyless entry with buttons on the exterior door handles
- Standard push-button start
- Standard eight-inch touchscreen
- New grille with Buick’s updated tri-color insignia
- New headlights, new LED tail lights
- LED headlights available on upper trim levels
What does Buick say?
“The Buick Encore created the premium small SUV segment and remains the top choice for customers seeking premium features and dependability coupled with timeless design,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Buick Sales, Service and Marketing.
“In a rapidly evolving segment, the Encore continues to lead with smart, purposeful updates and a new level of technology-infused elegance and refinement.”
When does it go on sale?