While the Scion iM is the sporty car a lot of people will be talking about, the Scion iA is a single-spec four-door subcompact sedan aimed squarely at people who feel like they’re priced out of the new car market.
What Is It?
Here’s something we hadn’t thought about before: Scion never had a car with a trunk. The 2016 Scion iA will be the first Scion sedan ever built. It’s a car that’s built for Scion’s one-price, no-haggle strategy, targeted at consumers just buying their first new automobile. The cars are well-equipped and stylish, but they’re all equipped to the same level.
What Toyota Is Saying
“‘Dramatic’ could be an understatement when describing the visual impact of the 2016 Scion iA. Beneath the daringly curved sheetmetal lies a tight, agile machine that re-defines ‘entry level.’ Call the design ‘class above,’ a term that applies throughout the car.”
What’s New for 2016?
- All new for 2016
- Four-door sedan bodystyle
- 106hp 1.5-liter inline four-cylinder
- Standard six-speed manual gearbox
- Available six-speed automatic transmission
- MacPherson front and torsion bar rear suspension
- Front side airbags and side curtain airbags
- Standard Low-Speed Pre-Collision system with laser sensors to help avoid rear end collisions or slow the car before a collision happens
- Standard rear-view backup camera
- Tilt and telescoping steering column
- Standard steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Standard 7-inch Display Audio System
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
When Does It Go On Sale?
The Scion iM arrives in dealerships in the fall of 2015 with an “estimated MSRP in the $16,000 range.”
CLICK BELOW FOR A FULL PHOTO GALLERY