What Is It?
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander a seven-passenger midsize SUV with either front- or all-wheel drive. It’s the first Mitsubishi to debut the brand’s new design language and it features over 100 engineering and design improvements in noise levels, ride quality, handling and throttle response.
What Mitsubishi Is Saying
“The 2016 Outlander has an eye-catching new design aesthetic inside and out, and with its long list of engineering upgrades, the new Outlander literally looks, drives and feels like an entirely new vehicle, making it an even more compelling value than before,” said MMNA Executive Vice President, Don Swearingen.“Mitsubishi’s outstanding sales momentum is carrying into the new-year and with the arrival of the 2016 Outlander crossover we are well positioned to sustain our growth.”
What’s New for 2016?
- Increased body and suspension structural rigidity
- Redesigned suspension and Electric Power Steering
- Noise-isolating windshield and rear door glass
- More sound insulation throughout the vehicle
- New dynamic front suspension and rear differential dampers
- Improved weather stripping and engine compartment trim
- New generation continuously-variable transmission offers improved acceleration, performance, shift feel and torque delivery (all CVT-equipped models)
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) are now available for the SEL and GT Models
- Redesigned front fascia, front fenders
- Halogen headlights
- LED position lights
- 18-in. alloy wheels
- LED taillights (all models)
- Redesigned steering wheel, seating surfaces, accent trim, rear folding seat, headliner, display audio system (all models) and auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink® (GT model)
When Does It Go On Sale?
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander goes on sale in the Fall of 2016.