The Mercedes-Benz GLE started life as the Mercedes-Benz M-Class. For 2016, it’s been overhauled with a more aggressive look and a new plug-in hybrid model
What Is It?
The Mercedes-Benz GLE is a five-passenger midsize luxury SUV with all-wheel drive, featuring your choice of a gasoline engine, a diesel engine or a plug-in hybrid power plant.
What Mercedes-Benz Is Saying
“State-of-the-art and efficient drive technology, combined with superior ride quality and the versatility and robustness typical for SUVs – the new GLE has all the ingredients to continue the success story of our best-seller,” is how Ola Källenius, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, Mercedes-Benz Cars, characterizes the newest member of the Mercedes-Benz SUV family.
What’s New for 2016
- “Considerably more appealing” front and rear styling
- GLE550E 4MATIC plug-in hybrid model
- GLE63 4MATIC (550hp) and GLE63 S 4MATIC (577hp) performance models
- The (201-hp) four-cylinder diesel model GLE300d is the world’s first production full-size SUV with conventional drive that under the European cycle emits just 140 g of CO2/km
- Intelligent drive system management aids the driver with specific control strategies in adopting the most efficient driving style
- Dynamic Select dynamic handling control system offers both OFF-ROAD and OFF-ROAD+ modes (on GLEs equipped with the Off-Road Engineering package) for better off-highway traction management
- Retuned AIRMATIC air suspension with ADS variable damping system guarantees extremely stable driving
- Standard Crosswind Assist
- Standard COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- ECO start/stop function
- Center console controlled DYNAMIC SELECT controller
- Revised multifunction steering wheel
- Standard Audio 20 CD infotainment system with 7-inch display and communications module
When Does It Go On Sale?