Land Rover made two introductions at the New York International Auto Show: The 2016 Range Rover Sport HST and the ultra-exclusive Range Rover SVAutobiography.
What Is It?
The 2016 Range Rover Sport HST is a full-size luxury SUV, but instead of the titanic 550hp V8 engine, it features a Jaguar/Land Rover’s popular 3.0-liter V6 for a more sedate 340hp. The Range Rover SVAutobiography is a $200,000 SUV with the ultimate luxury appointments available.
What Land Rover Is Saying
David Mitchell, Vehicle Program Director Range Rover Sport, said: “The HST extends our Range Rover Sport line-up giving customers even greater choice. Sitting between the existing 340hp Range Rover Sport 3.0-liter supercharged V6 and the 550hp supercharged variant, it delivers enhanced V6 performance to go with the renowned comfort and refinement of the Range Rover Sport.”
What’s New for 2016?
- New Range Rover Sport HST trim
- New Range Rover SVAutobiography trim
- SVAutobiography replaces the Autobiography Black at the top of the Range Rover line
- 40hp and 41-lb.ft. increase over lesser supercharged Range Rover trims
- Unique exterior design enhancements.
- Exclusive premium leather interior
- Unique trim finishes
When Does It Go On Sale?
The Range Rover Sport HST and the SVAutobiography goes on sale in the fall of 2015.