Hyundai pulled the wraps off its all-new 2016 Hyundai Tucson at the New York International Auto Show.
What is It?
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson is a five-passenger, four-door, front- or all-wheel drive crossover utility vehicle. It slots in the space below the larger Santa Fe and is aimed at consumers who have to haul a few passengers around, but aren’t towing huge trailers.
What is Hyundai Saying?
“The 2016 Tucson design employs sculpted body forms and sporty contours for an athletic, bold and striking appearance. The front view proudly presents a hexagonal-shaped grille, a key element of Hyundai’s design signature, enhanced by available high-efficiency LED twin-projector headlights, LED headlight accents and integrated LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). ”
What’s New for 2016?
- 19-inch wheels and tires
- Increases to overall width, length, and wheelbase
- Five cubic foot increase in cargo volume
- New Gamma 1.6-liter turbocharged, direct-injected four-cylinder with an estimated 175 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque
- first-in-segment seven-speed EcoShift® dual-clutch transmission (DCT)
- Engine mounts have been enlarged to better absorb engine vibrations
- Sound insulation material added to the inner fenders, underbody, instrument panel, transmission tunnel and all cabin pillars
- Door latch mechanisms redesigned for lower noise, pull resistance, internal friction, and greater closure damping
- To lower wind noise in the cabin, aerodynamics have also been improved to 0.33 Cd, a 0.02 lower coefficient of drag (Cd) than the former model
When Does It Go On Sale?
The 2016 Hyundai Tucson arrives in showrooms in July of 2015.