GMC is showing off the update of the successful 2016 GMC Terrain at the New York International Auto Show on March 31, 2015.
What Is It?
The GMC Terrain really came out of nowhere, robbing sales from competitors and posting its best year ever in 2014. The revision for the 2016 model year stays with the successful crossover formula but provides a ton of cosmetic and technology updates.
What GMC is Saying
“The 2016 Terrain seats five, with all-wheel drive offered on SLE, SLT and Denali models. Its interior – with the GM-exclusive MultiFlex sliding rear seat – offers 31.6 cubic feet (894 liters) of cargo space behind the rear seat and 63.9 cubic feet (1,809 liters) with the rear seat folded.
The standard Ecotec 2.4L direct-injected engine delivers an EPA-estimated 32 mpg on the highway (FWD models). A direct-injected 3.6L V-6 is available and delivers best-in-class 301 horsepower (225 kW) and 272 lb-ft of torque (369 Nm). The V-6 engine also enables a trailering capacity of up to 3,500 pounds (1,588 kg).”
What’s New For 2016?
• New front and rear fascias with C-shaped lower chrome trim that accentuates the Terrain’s wide stance
• New, chrome-accented grille designs for SLE, SLT and Denali – including specific tri-segment grille texture on Denali
• New power dome hood design
• New LED daytime running lamps on uplevel models
• New 18-inch aluminum wheel design offered on non-Denali models
• New 19-inch aluminum wheel design offered on Denali
• Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
• Revised model lineup: SL, SLE (SLE-1 and SLE-2), SLT and Denali
• Premium cloth seat fabric now standard on SL and SLE models
• New Saddle Up leather interior available on SLT
• New Light Titanium/Jet Black interior combination offered on Denali
• Front passenger eight-way power-adjustable seat offered on SLT (previously available only on Denali)
• New, chrome-trimmed transmission shifter
• Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on SLE and SLT (previous available only on Denali).
• New White Frost Tricoat and Crimson Red Tintcoat premium exterior colors.
When Does It Go On Sale?
Fall of 2015