The 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 and Targa 4 made their first US appearances today at the LA Auto Show, and they looked stunning.
What Is It?
The upcoming Carrera 4 and Targa 4 are refinements of the evergreen Porsche 911 series, and these newest versions have significant refinements in their engines and all-wheel drive systems.
What Porsche Is Saying:
“With the new 2017 911 Carrera 4 and 911 Targa 4 models, the traction advantage courtesy of an enhanced all-wheel drive system is paired with innovative turbocharged engines that are more powerful and consume less fuel than their predecessors.”
What’s New For 2017:
- New twin-turbo, 3.0-liter flat six engine up 20 horsepower to 370 hp. 4S models generate 420 hp
- New electro-hydraulically controlled all-wheel drive
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) lowers ride height by 10 mm
- Porsche claims 12% increase in fuel efficiency over outgoing models
- Sport Chrono Package has a Porsche 918-inspired, steering-wheel mounted rotary dial for driving modes
- Rear axle steering available in the Carrera 4S, adapted from the 911 Turbo and 911 GT3
- PCM (Porsche Communication) offers more functionality and a simplified interface
When Will It Go On Sale?