The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage continues its mission of providing transportation that’s straightforward and economical. Except now there’s a GT version.
What Is It?
Ah, don’t get your hopes up; the new-for2017 Mirage GT is nothing like the turbo Mirages of yore. It still uses the same 1.2-liter, three-cylinder engine as other Mirages.
This underscores the Mirage’s purpose of providing maximum value, both in purchase price and fuel efficiency, when compared to other tiny hatchbacks, like the Chevrolet Spark and Nissan Versa Note.
What Mitsubishi Says:
Don Swearingen, executive vice president, MNNA:
“Mirage has gained popularity with its affordable and practical appeal. Mirage owners are looking for a vehicle that does its job well and is reliable.
“The Mirage continues to deliver all of those attributes, and the improvements to the 2017 model year will expand the Mirage’s appeal even more.”
What’s New For 2017:
- New camshaft bumps horsepower by four, to 78 hp
- Reshuffled spring rates and shock damping, increased front-end stiffness
- Bigger brakes and stouter brake pad material
- Less emphasis on cuteness with a purposeful front end restyle. The rear is revised as well
- Mild interior restyle – new gauges, seat fabrics, etc.
- Available 300-watt Rockford-Fosgate sound system
- Available in-car display audio with integral Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
When Does It Go On Sale?