Those who have been hoping for “The Standard Of The World” to live up to its old ad tagline might find hope in the thoroughly new 2017 Cadillac XT5.
What Is It?
No luxury brand should be without a strong entry in the expanding crossover market, and so Cadillac is succeeding its SRX with the new XT5 (Crossover Touring 5). The XT5 will be built in the U.S. and China and will do battle with everything from the Audi Q5 to the Lexus RX.
What Cadillac Says:
Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen:
“The all-new XT5 not only enters the most popular segment in the worldwide luxury auto market, it is the first of four new crossovers from Cadillac.
“It’s pivotal to our ongoing growth, which is why we’ve developed XT5 from the inside out to provide customers more space, more technology, more luxury and more efficiency.”
What’s New For The Cadillac XT5:
- New body structure with lightweight construction. Cadillac claims a 100-pound advantage over the Audi Q5, despite the XT5 being seven inches longer
- Powered by the 3.6-liter V6 engine that debuted in 2015 in the ATS and CTS; this engine will also be used in the upcoming CT6
- The V6 features Stop/Start for reduced stop-and-go emissions
- New eight-speed automatic transmission with Cadillac’s first electronic shifter
- New twin-clutch all-wheel drive system
- Rear camera mirror system debuts on the XT5 and CT6 for a 300%-enhanced view by using a video display applied over the inside rear view mirror
- CUE connectivity system is upgraded with a faster processor and wireless charging. Standard 4G Wi-Fi and integrated Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
When Does It Go On Sale?
Production begins in spring 2016.