The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia debuted in Italy back in June, and today, it wowed the crowd of US journalists at the LA Auto Show media preview.
What Is It?
Alfa Romeo’s return to the US market started with the 4C sports car, and now the comeback takes further shape with exciting Giulia performance sedan.
The 505-horsepower, twin-turbo-V6 Giulia Cloverleaf is Alfa’s answer to the BMW M3, Cadillac ATS-V and Mercedes C63 S.
What Alfa Romeo Says:
“While Germans make, Italians create. We want drivers to be actively, physically and emotionally engaged. ”
What’s New In the Giulia:
- Top 505-hp Cloverleaf model starts at about $70K; 276-hp base model with available all-wheel drive starts around $40K
- Cloverleaf goes 0-60 mph in a claimed 3.8 seconds, with a 191-mph top speed
- Choice of manual or paddle-shifted automatic transmissions
- Fastest four-door production car to circle the Nurburgring track
- Carbon fiber active front aero splitter, active dampening suspension
- Alfa DNA race modes
When Does It Go On Sale?
Second quarter of 2016.