The 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport is a track-specific version of the Cayman with some interesting touches.
What Is It?
The Cayman GT4 Clubsport is not street legal and won’t be sold at Porsche dealers. It takes the Cayman and makes it as lightweight and dialed-in as the factory can make it. Its factory-direct price is 111,000 euros, which translates to about $118,000.
What Porsche Is Saying:
“Using the recently released lightweight Cayman GT4 as the basis, Porsche Motorsport has developed a racing version solely for the track.”
What’s New For 2016:
- Curb weight is reduced to a claimed 2,866 pounds
- The six-speed transmission is a beefed-up double clutch setup with shift paddles on the steering wheel and a mechanical rear-axle locking differential designed specifically for racing
- Front strut suspension is adapted from the 911 GT3 Cup
- Steel brake discs measure 380 mm all around
- ABS system can be adjusted to 12 different settings
- Welded-in safety cage, racing seat, six-point racing harness
When Will It Go On Sale?
Orders for the Cayman GT4 Clubsport will be taken after its LA Auto Show debut.